<< Previous | 28 of 36 | Next >>

Uk News

Muslim impact on vote is analysed

Christian polling experts have been commenting on the strength of the UK’s Muslim vote after it played a key part in the election of maverick MP George Galloway.

Iain Taylor

Peter Brierley told en: ‘Under the UK’s political system a candidate must pay a deposit of £500 to enter an election, which will be lost if they fail to gain 5% of the vote. Muslims are now above that 5% marker, and their voice is therefore democratically allowed to be heard, even if the other 95% disagree!’